2104

This Summers must have Sunnies

3/14/2014 08:06:00 am

It would seem Summer has started early this year with the hottest day of the year recorded over the weekend!
I love nothing more than sunshine, the mornings are bright, the evenings are longer and warmer and everyone's mood just seems to naturally perk up. As a lover of sunshine, I have been adding to my Summer wardrobe for months to help me through the cold winter ones! I am in love with this years Spring/Summer collections, the variations of pastel colours with bold floral prints just scream summer and I cannot wait to start wearing it all.
The one thing however that I haven't yet added to my summer wardrobe, which are a HUGE summer accessory, are sunglasses. 
This year it is all about the round frames... gone are the days of the Wayfarer, which makes me sad as I do love mine but they may just have to take a back seat until next summer perhaps?!
This year I have my eye on an amazing collection by Cutler and Gross. Founded in 1969, Graham Cutler and Tony Gross opened their flagship store in Knightsbridge Green, where both optical and sunglasses frames and were handcrafted above the store.
45 years later their frames are seen propped on the noses of some very famous names.
"My idea of design is a bit old-fashioned. It should be practical, functional then look good – in that order”
— Graham Cutler, February 2008
My particular favourites and my dream pair for this summer, were recently seen on Cheryl Cole at a press conference, following confirmation of her return to the X Factor;
These particular frames are the 1007 in Smokey Quartz, I also love them in Olive. Cutler and Gross have some really quirky designs in their collection, they aren't stamped with their brand, they just pride themselves on reputation and a fabulous celebrity following!
Be sure to visit the Cutler and Gross site for their whole collection of optical and sunglasses. They offer a fabulous 'try on at home' option which allows you to browse and chose a selection of glasses to be delivered home, you can then try these on and pick your favourites only returning the ones you do not wish to keep!
I HEART Cutler and Gross and wait to get my first pair this Summer!
 http://www.cutlerandgross.com/


You Might Also Like

0 comments