Breather

My Week Without Make Up

3/22/2013 09:52:00 am

I have been unhappy with the condition of my skin for quite a while now. The cold weather has been drying it out and I had been breaking out in spots which was in turn making me pile on more make up to cover it all up.
On Sunday evening, just passed, I decided that I was going to have a week off make up... Today is Friday and I have worn zero make up (except maybe a little lip colour here and there). This week off has done wonders for my skin.
 
I have been sticking to my daily skin routine of washing and moisturising morning and evening but just leaving the make up part out!
This has definitely made a difference to the condition of my skin, the dryness has all gone, the dullness has disappeared, my face looks radiant and I feel a lot more confident without make up.
Above left is a picture taken on Sunday (17th March), you can see the redness of my cheek and a break out. On the right is the same part of my face this morning (22nd March) after almost a week off wearing any products on my face. I think you will agree you can see quite a radical difference!
I was worried about peoples initial response (especially at work) to me not wearing make up as they are used to seeing me everyday with it but people have now got used to seeing me without it and I now feel 100% comfortable without wearing any!
 
I have never been 100% reliant on make up but it does make me feel better to have some on. This week off has just given my skin a breather and boost and I would recommend everyone gives it a go!

You Might Also Like

0 comments