Barry M

AW13 Releases from BarryM

10/09/2013 03:32:00 pm

BarryM have launched some fabulous products for Autumn Winter 2013. Alongside the amazing Matte varnishes which I featured in one of my previous posts, Barry M have launched a new range of Matte Foundation, Lash Extending Mascaras, Shadow and Blush Palettes and Textured Nail Effect Varnishes.

Two out for the above which I have chosen to review and feature in this post, are the Flawless Matte Foundation and the Lash Vegas Waterproof Mascara.

Flawless Matte Foundation
I have been off using foundation for some time now since I discovered an alternative, however this did not put me off trying out this new product from BarryM. One thing I have always previously looked for in a foundation, is a matte finish, I have never liked that shiny/glistening finish that some foundations can give you. 
I wore this foundation every day for a week, the foundation was extremely easy to apply and felt really lightweight on the skin. I applied with a round foundation brush, which I find always helps give an even coverage. The foundation certainly stayed in place all day and held my blusher and eye make up perfectly. My skin after a weeks wear is still as good as it was before hand but I do have a very strict skincare regime, which is always important when wearing make up thorughout the daytime.

The Flawless Matte range comes in 5 different shades, Ivory, Nude, Beige, Sand and Tan. I used nude which was a fab match to my skin colour, but I do still have a little tan left after my summer holiday!
This foundation is completely oil free and contains moisturisers with skin healing properties. 

The Flawless Foundation retails at £5.99 and can be bought in Superdrug and Boots stores.

Lash Vegas Waterproof Mascara
I am always pretty nervous when it comes to trying out a new mascara, I believe a mascara is one of those products which, when you find the one... you don't stray...ever!!! I believe the key elements to a good mascara are;
. The Thickness
. The Brush
. The Colour
. The Hold
If a mascara does not pass all of the above then it has to go!
BarryM's Lash Vegas ticks all the above boxes. My main concern is always the hold, coming home after a days work or a night out without black smudges under your eyes is always a sign of a great mascara!
Above is a picture taken before and after application, I only applied a thin layer of the mascara and as you can see the spiral shaped brush has lengthened my lashes rather dramatically and the dark colour has bought out the white in my eyes.
I tested the mascara for a week alongside the Flawless Matte Foundation and both worked perfectly alongside one another.

The Lash Vegas Mascara currently retails at £6.49 and can be bought at any Superdrug and Boots Stores.

Once again more fabulous new products from BarryM, their growing range never fails to amaze me, the quality of the products and the low prices make BarryM one of my favourite beauty brands on the market today.

Visit BarryM to purchase all of the above mentioned products and many more

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Do you know what your shade is in MAC? I am thinking about purchasing Nude through ASOS but can't figure out if it'll match my NC 20 skin. Would you recommend mixing it with another shade?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete