Beauty

Essie- Protein Base Coat

10/21/2013 10:25:00 pm

I absolutely love changing my nail colour, I would say I change it 2-3 times a week without fail! Sometimes to suit my mood, other times to match an outfit. Up until recently, I have always failed to apply a base coat, which all nail technicians will tell you is vital for the upkeep of healthy nails.
Recently I came across Essie's Protein Base Coat and decided to give it a go. The Protein Base Coat contains wheat protein which enriches healthy nails for maximum strength.
The varnish looks white in the bottle but comes out clear, when applied and dried (which is very quickly) it gives a satin finish to the nail and creates a fab base coat for the application of your coloured varnish. I found my polish went on a lot smoother than usual and has also lasted longer without chipping, which I believe is a result from using the protein base coat.
Nails can very easily stain when a harsh colour is applied, applying a base coat will prevent this from happening whist conditioning the nail.
Another bottle added to the ever growing collection and lovely healthy nails...Perfect.

You Might Also Like

0 comments