Beauty

Battle of the Concealer - Is expensive always best?

11/19/2013 05:02:00 pm

Concealer is an essential product in my day to day application of make-up, I have tried various different concealers, some a lot more expensive than others. I recently came across a concealer as recommended by a friend and it is hands down, the best concealer ever and only costs £4.19!!

This begs the question, is expensive always best? I would like to argue no.

I put three different concealers to the test, the contenders are;
Bobbi Brown, MAC and Collection 2000

 
                      
I used each concealer over the period of a week and recorded coverage, consistency and overall finish.

Below are my results;

Bobbi Brown- Creamy Concealer
This compact little pot is Bobbi Browns answer to looking fresh and well rested. The concealer has a very creamy texture and is very easy to apply, I always prefer to use a brush but this goes on well when applied with fingers too. I always apply concealer first, and then apply my foundation. A good concealer is one that will hide dark circles or any breakouts on first application. With this concealer I found I had to apply an extra layer on top of my foundation to ensure the finish was flawless.
Cost: £18.50
Score: 6/10

MAC- Studio Finish Concealer £15
I have never been a huge fan of MAC, I have always thought their make up was made purely for photo and video shoots and not everyday wear. I decided however to give their studio finish concealer a go. The concealer is light weight and creamy and like the Bobbi Brown product can be applied with a brush, sponge or fingertips.
The MAC concealer is a little sticky to the touch which prolongs the wear.
Cost: £15.00
Score 7/10

Collection 2000 - Lasting Perfection Concealer £4.19
This concealer is a perfect example of why these experiments are necessary. Unlike the other two concealers, this one is in liquid form and can be applied directly to the face with the applicator attached to the lid.
Once applied to the skin I used a brush to rub into the desired areas, concentrating mainly under my eyes.
I was very surprised that as I applied the product did not get thinner, in fact it stayed rather thick and covered my dark circles perfectly. The finish was amazing, the coverage was perfect and had a highlighting effect under the eyes.
Cost: £4.19
Score 10/10

The Collection 2000 Concealer was by far my favourite from the three products I tested. It delivered everything I would expect from a concealer and is so kind to my skin which is very sensitive.
I am fully aware that everyone has their favourites and a lot of the time it is difficult to move away from those, however I would recommend that everyone tried the Collection 2000 concealer. For £4.19 it is so worth every penny, even if you hate it!!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments