Beauty

Glitter Glitter Glitter

7/03/2012 03:26:00 pm

With a holiday just around the corner I believe it is 100% necessary that I plan my holiday nails.
Having hundreds of colours to chose from should surely make life so much easier when choosing that perfect summer colour?
I found this not to be the case! Whilst watching 'The Only Way Is Marbs' a few weeks back, iIcaught a glimpse of Lucy Mecklenburgh's nails. They looked a shade of pale blue with a really deep sparkle, I knew instantly that this was the exact look iIwanted, my problem then, was to find out the colour she had on.
My first thought was OPI, I thoroughly searched every colour on their website and although they have some amazing colours, none of them were 'the one'! I HAD to know what colours Lucy used, one day whilst browsing Twitter, i decided to take a chance and see if Lucy had Tweeted about her nails... she had!!! Her look was created with white nail varnish as a base and a silver glitter over the top. I already have a plain white varnish in my collection so needed to find the perfect glitter varnish to finish the look.

ModelsOwn do a great range of over 150 colours and sell across many popular retailers including Boots, River Island ans Asos. http://www.modelsownit.com/
I found this particular colour 'Juicy Jules' the closest to the colour I was looking for, its very concentrated glitter with silver, somewhat holographic, elements to it giving an amazing effect under light and therefore PERFECT in the sun.


I could not wait to get home and trial this product. First of all I applied my BarryM 'Matt White' varnish as a base, I then applied a layer of the glitter varnish, the concentration of glitter on one coat was very generous, however I was going for a more intense, deeper glitter look and therefore added another coat. the results were beyond my expectations and gave me the exact look I was after.Very Happy and now very ready for my holiday!!!




You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. LOVE this....Infact can you please bring the varnishes with you and we can do nails tues night too!!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete