Argon Oil

A Moroccan Tan by Xen-Tan

4/11/2013 12:29:00 pm

After a stretch of bad weather which seems to have lasted an eternity, my skin is feeling paler than ever and looks very sorry for itself. I know that we should just embrace our pale tone througout the winter months but sometimes a tan is necessary to boost your look and confidence.

I was recently sent some tanning products by Xen-Tan;
"Xen-Tan is the brainchild of a group of dedicated self-tanners who were unhappy with the dry skin, orange finish, bad odours and mess that often came with fake tanning products. So they developed a range that was easy to use, smelled fantastic, left their skin nourished and guaranteed the most flawless, healthy-looking tan every time"  
I was sent two new products from their fabulous range, Moroccan Tan and Luminous Gold Gel. Before a night out over the bank holiday weekend I decided to use the Moroccan Tan over my whole body, including my face, to give me a beautiful glow.
 
The product smells absolutely stunning which sets it aside from other tanning products on the market, this particular tan contains argon oil which keeps the skin hydrated and helps with an even application which is perfect for first time tanners and tanning amateurs.
I would highly recommend using a mitt or some rubber gloves for application, as the instant colour of the tan is very dark and can be very stubborn to get off the palms of your hands.


The product promises to deliver a dark tan, when applied it adds an instant colour to the skin and then gradually gets darker. You can determine the depth of your tan by layering the product. With gradual tans like these I find it is best to leave them to develop over night, leaving as long as possible before showering.

Upon waking up the next morning, I jumped in the shower with that nervy feeling I always get after self tanning, what if it has gone seriously wrong and I end up looking like a piece of patchwork?!
 
Rest assured, I didnt! The tan looked amazing, my skin had transformed into a beautiful deep brown and had absorbed the tan perfectly, leaving no dry patches on the elbows, knees or around the ankle and wrist area.
 
With regards to the 'wear and tear' of the tan, I would say it was at its prime for the first 2-3 days and then gradually started to wear off. It was slightly stubborn around the areas mentioned previously, such as the elbows and ankle area but other than it all came off with a good exfoliation in the shower.
 
Overall, I was very happy with my tan and would recommend this particular self tanning product to anyone who is looking for a beautifully even, self appliable deep tan.
I am looking forward to trying the Luminous Gold Gel which comes in a clear form and develops in 3 hours! I will let you all know how it goes!

Xen-Tan have a fab range of self tanning products, Visit their website and get tanning
Xen-Tan Moroccan Oil £24.99, 150ml
  


You Might Also Like

0 comments